Thursday, October 8, 2015
More News of Southern Photographers -- Fall 2015
More items from the ongoing stream of news about Southern photographers!
1. Conway, Arkansas-based photographer Donna Pinckley (see image above) has images of interracial couples from her Sticks and Stones portfolio featured on the SLATE online magazine, here and aCurator, here.
2. Mr John Bennette, along with Jerry Atnip, juried this year's SlowExposures main show of work. Mr Bennette has recently had a series of entries on his blog hanging with mrbennette, in which he reflects on this year's show, well worth reading here.
3. Honorary Southern Photographer Beatrice Chauvin (based in Paris) is now in the Mississippi Delta, where her show of work from her UNBROKEN portfolio is now up at the BB King Museum, through October 18th, 2015.
4. Photographs from the collection of the Do Good Fund will be on exhibit for CLICK! The Triangle Photography Festival, at Cassilhaus in Chapel Hill, NC, with an opening reception on Sunday October 11th from 3-6.
5. Distinguished North Carolina photographer Caroline Vaughan (see image above) will open a major retrospective show of her work, including images from 1966 to the present, at the Craven Allen Gallery at 1106 1/2 Broad Street in Durham, NC, now up through November 7th, 2015.
6. Distinguished North Carolina photographer Titus Brooks Heagins has a show of his work now up at Greensboro College in Greensboro, NC, as part of Art + Dialogue: Responding to Racial Tensions In America, a series of exhibitions and conversations that seeks to address persistent issues of race in America. For more on this series of events, go here and here.
7. And, finally, for now, Andrew Feiler's photographs of Morris Brown College, which we mentioned in our last news blog, are featured this week in Jeff Rich's Eyes on the South, go here.