Much news of Southern photographers here at mid-summer, 2015.
Here are some recent items. Part II, with even more news, will follow soon.
1. Durham, NC-based photographer Aaron Canipe (see image above) has been named a Runner-Up in burn magazine's Emerging Photographers Competition for 2015 for work in his Plateau portfolio.
2. Florida-based photographer Kathryn Harrison (see image above) is featured in the June issue of Aint-Bad Magazine, here, with work from her Side of the South portfolio.
3. Dallas-based photographer Rachael Banks (see image above) is interviewed on the Mull It Over blog, here.
4. Atlanta-based photographer Forest McMullen (see image above) has work featured in LensCulture, here, from his portfolio Black Cow Boys (and Girls).
5. Atlanta-based photographer Megan Connolly (see image above) is featured in the June issue of Aint-Bad Magazine, here, with work from her From Elsewhere portfolio.
6. Lexington, KY-based photographer Sarah Hoskins (see image above) has had a collection of over 250 images from her portfolio acquired by the Archive of Documentary Arts at Duke University.
This body of work documents the traditions and daily lives of African Americans living in communities originally founded by freed slaves in Kentucky's Inner Bluegrass region the Civil War.
7. Williamsburg, VA-based photographer Eliot Dudik (see image above) has had his Civil War battleground photographs featured in the Smithsonian Magazine, go here.
And there are more items to come -- keep watching this space.