Monday, November 16, 2015
UPDATED -- More News of Southern Photographers -- Fall 2015
Catching up with several items of note --
1. I missed the fact, somehow, that McNair Evans (see image above) had a show of work from his Confessions for a Son portfolio at the Sasha Wolf Gallery in NYC, up from late February until early April 2015.
Good to know that images of Laurinburg, NC were on the walls of a gallery in Manhattan. Its often good to get into town for a visit.
2. Honorary Southern Photographer Dawoud Bey has been named a USA Guttman Fellow in the United States Artists program, go here.
3. Texas-based photographer Keith Carter (see image above) is opening a show of work from his Ghostland portfolio at the Photographs Do Not Bend Gallery in Houston, Texas, on November 21st, go here.
4. New Orleans-based photographer L. Kasimu Harris (see image above) has a show of work from his The 10 Year Journey: Reflections of Family, Identity and New Orleans portfolio, up now, through November 14th at the George and Leah McKenna Museum of African-American Art, in New Orleans.
5. Atlanta-based photographer Debbie Fleming Caffrey (see image above) is having a show of work from her Alphabet portfolio at Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta, up now through November 28th, 2015.
Also available at Jackson Fine Art are copies of Caffrey's book Alphabet, go here.
6. Raleigh-based photographer Diana Bloomfield (see image above) has work on the cover and inside the latest issue of Shadow and Light magazine, go here.
More later, on The Southern Photographer.