Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Southern Photographers in the News -- Early Fall Edition
Items of interest --
1. Honorary Southern photographer Jan Banning will show work from his Down and Out in the South portfolio at the Hagedorn Foundation Gallery, at 425 Peachtree Hills Avenue, in Atlanta, opening October 26th, 2013 and up through January 4th, 2014.
For more details, go here
In 2014, the show will move to the 701 Center for Contemporary Art in Columbia, SC.
2. ACP (Atlanta Celebrates Photography) closes this week, with a gala on Friday night at the West Side Cultural Arts Center, at 760 Tenth Streeet NW, in Atlanta. For more details, go here.
3. But the photography show never stops in Atlanta. Winston-Salem, NC-based photographer Heather Evans Smith will open a show of her work at the Jennifer Schwartz Gallery, 675 Drewry Street, on Friday, November 1st, 2013.
4. FotoWeek DC also opens November 1st, go here for details.
5. Finally, since we last checked in, the following photographers have had their work featured by Jeff Rich on his unfolding anthology of Southern photography, called Eyes on the South, on the Oxford American website.
John Lusk Hathaway
Lots of fine work here, lots going on. So much to keep up with!